Wednesday, January 27, 2010

In memory of my uncle

This little album is probably the least expensive one could ever make. The chipboard album and the pattern paper that fit were purchased from the Michales $1 bins. I lost the last living sibling of my parents in December, Otto Pendl. He is father of Betty Lyons of Peoria, Illinois who has always been a very close cousin of mine. Not only did she lose her Dad who had been living with her due to his health, she lost her husband to cancer just a few weeks before. I have made this little album for her and hope that it will bring her some comfort. I included some old photos that were in my parents collection along with some old letters that Uncle Ots had sent. I am finding that my hobby allows me to do some special things for others that they might not do for themselves. I hope Betty likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing what I love

Doing what I love
doing what I love!

Rainbow Cards

Rainbow Cards
love this new stamp set!

Making a few cards

Making a few cards


Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Crochet a heart

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2008/02/sweet-heart-cro.html

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Box Top

Recipe Box Top