Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm nervous about calling myself a blogger-there is so much I don't yet know about it. I find that others have so much of interest to look at, why add my little bit! I have been scrapbooking for about 13 years, completed 15 albums plus small ones that were given away. I am a consultant with Close to My Heart and have been since 1998. I was awarded my 5 year recognition at the CTMH Convention that year in Dallas, Texas but wasn't able to go to convention for my 10 year recognition. But I received a beautiful diamond charm in celebration. I love being a hobbyist consultant because I am not a high-pressure salesperson. I would rather spend my time showing others how to make cards, scrapbook and hold a few fun workshops. I moderate a Yahoo group, called HeartsRemembered and have 44 members in my group. This group has been such a blessing to me. I hold regular free crops at my house and love the time we share working on our albums. This group is much more than a on-line cyber group. We have lunch dates, plan retreats and just take care of each other! I am also teaching a very special group of ladies at our local Senior Center. When I decided I was finally "old" enough to join the SR CTR I found no group interested in scrapbooking. I had to change that! The Center Director was pleased that I wanted to start up a group and now we have regular classes each week and also get together as friends for crops! Another group of friends to know and love. The love of scrapbooking has brought me such joy, not only because of the creative outlet, the legacy of memories I'm leaving but for new friendships that may not have happened without this hobby. I am so thankful that God opened this door for me and I truly feel that He did that. Losing my husband, both parents and having an "empty nest" have been the most difficult things to happen to me. This door to friendship and creativity has helped me time and time again. Maybe blogging some personal thoughts and crafts will too.

6 comments:

  1. I love it! You are such an incredibly talented person, can't wait to see what all you share with us here! Gosh, am I the last to blog? Kay S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about you and our groups! I am looking forward to seeing what your blog brings...glad you decided to do this! Just don't forget to post the family photos we all love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start. I have a blog but don't post as regularlya ss I should. LOL Maybe at Hearts Remembered, we can have a database where everyone puts in their blog addresses?

    Lynn M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome introduction!!!
    BRAVO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you! Bless you for your creativity and positive spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Doing what I love

Doing what I love
doing what I love!

Rainbow Cards

Rainbow Cards
love this new stamp set!

Making a few cards

Making a few cards


Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Crochet a heart

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2008/02/sweet-heart-cro.html

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Box Top

Recipe Box Top