Saturday, January 16, 2010

Haiti Earthquake

My heart is hurting for the people of Haiti. It is so difficult to even watch on TV what is happening there. My ties with American Red Cross are still in place and it is natural for me to want to help in some way. It isn't much but today I am teaching a Shelter Operations class, which doesn't help Haiti at all. It does give me some connection with an organization that does help. This class is to involve local people in training to operate disaster shelters in our own area. It also is one of the steps that individuals must take if they wish to be involved on a larger scale disaster. I pray for all who are able to go directly to Haiti and give that much needed assistance right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing what I love

Doing what I love
doing what I love!

Rainbow Cards

Rainbow Cards
love this new stamp set!

Making a few cards

Making a few cards


Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Crochet a heart

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2008/02/sweet-heart-cro.html

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Box Top

Recipe Box Top