Monday, February 1, 2010

Home!

I'm home after 3 days of extensive Red Cross training. These two classes required overnight stays in Atlanta. I was asked to go because the chapter has designated Pat Smith and I as Disaster Operation Directors if a disaster occurs in our area. To meet the current ARC readiness requirements DRO directors need experience and these two courses. I had completed a prior version of the courses but with Red Cross everything updates and often. So now I think the chapter is in pretty good shape. Several other volunteers attended the disaster institute and took basic level courses offered. We stayed at the Mariott Hotel and for a change I slept pretty good-usually I toss and turn when staying at any hotel. Our class involved participation in scenarios and solving problems which might occur during a disaster situation. Weather became an issue Saturday night when snow flurries and possible ice made us worry about travel to the chapter from the hotel. Fortunately no black ice! So I did my part for the chapter and I'm home and hope that I'm done with training for a long time! I did enjoy hearing some of the "war stories" told by the instructor, Elaine Clyburn, a Level 5 National volunteer, who has directed some high profile disaster operations. We did manage to have one outing on Saturday night-meal at Olive Garden and board games in the lobby with other LaGrange volunteers! Fun and we needed some!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing what I love

Doing what I love
doing what I love!

Rainbow Cards

Rainbow Cards
love this new stamp set!

Making a few cards

Making a few cards


Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Crochet a heart

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2008/02/sweet-heart-cro.html

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Box Top

Recipe Box Top