Sunday was our last day in St. Louis for a while. My 16 year-old grandaughter, Kenzie went along with me this time and we were there for 10 days. My reason for going was to try and be some help to Shalay as she headed back for her first days away from Wolfie. He is 3 months old now and fortunately she was able to have a nice long maternity leave but I know that didn't make it any easier for her to go back to teaching German to middle and high school students! Of course Wolfie missed his main source of food during his first few months of life and found it a little hard to adjust to bottles of Enfamil! I so loved spending the time with them and as usual Shalay and Ben tried to be the perfect hosts. We ate German food twice, Mexican, Thai, Japanese, what else???? I probably forgot but Shalay did cook too and at Kenzie's request we found a diner in existence since l948 called Goody Goody! Great big tasty Angus double hamburgers for Kenzie and me and fried chicken for Shalay (she just doesn't eat fried food so this was a splurge for her!) We visited several museums and the Arch for Kenzie, even though tickets sold out that day due to the MartaGras going on at the same time. We had snow there until the last two days when it finally warmed up enough to melt it. Luckily the roads are cleared early on so nothing stops like it does in LaGrange. I'm really missing those Wolfie kisses and hoping and praying that Shalay will have an easy week adjusting to all the changes. I can't even compare my child rearing to hers since I didn't work when my babies were little. I so wish that we could be closer so I could help her more.
Distress Liquid Tinsel
1 day ago



















No comments:
Post a Comment