Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

This year Mother's Day was bittersweet for me-Shalay wasn't able to come home and this was actually her first time to be a mommy on this day. Ben wasn't with her either so I guess I worried more than usual about her not being home. Ben went to a student's wedding and then to spend the day with his mother. I was having my own little pity-party until around 5:00 when Keith called. "We are having a picnic on Rusty's side of the pond-got everything we need already". They got chicken and fixins and took care of everything. We caught some fish (Keith caught that bass but I reeled him in and got credit for catching him. For a day in May it turned out to be cool enough for long sleeves and a little fire! Leighanne and the kids were out on her Dad's sail boat and we waited for them to get home before we ate. Then we roasted marshmellows and made smores. This day was just about perfect! Having Shalay, Wolfie and Ben home would have made it so! I know I just want too much but so thankful for my blessings of children and grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing what I love

Doing what I love
doing what I love!

Rainbow Cards

Rainbow Cards
love this new stamp set!

Making a few cards

Making a few cards


Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Crochet a heart

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2008/02/sweet-heart-cro.html

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Box Top

Recipe Box Top