Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Shalay's birthday

I was not able to be with Shalay on her birthday this year, but I wanted to make sure this memory is written down.  When I went to ST. Louis in August, I took with me part of  her birthday gift.  It was a handmade album of C.L's photos from age 5 through high school.  I have made one for Russ and will make one also for Keith before his next birthday.  Shalay loved it as I knew she would - she misses her daddy as I do.  The amazing thing that happened was that as she was looking at the book, Wolfie suddenly announced, "PaPa"!   No one had told him these photos were of his deceased grandfather!  He had seen the more recent photos that Shalay has, but there was no resemblance to the photos of him at age 5!  We were surprised but passed it off as maybe a coincidence that he was saying the word.  But it happened a second time without prompting when Shalay was looking at the album again.  One of my friends said "the angels told him".  I am still pondering this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing what I love

Doing what I love
doing what I love!

Rainbow Cards

Rainbow Cards
love this new stamp set!

Making a few cards

Making a few cards


Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Crochet a heart

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2008/02/sweet-heart-cro.html

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Box Top

Recipe Box Top