Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The shamrock and St. Patrick's Day

Did you know…The shamrock was used to represent the Trinity by St. Patrick. By doing this he could show people how the church was connected. St. Patrick used this to symbolize how The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit can be separate but also part of the same entity.

2 comments:

  1. I never knew this, Barbara! Love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know either but it made me feel good to find this little tidbit. Our society seems bent on denying the Christianity that our nation and so many holidays celebrated here and all over. I had no idea that St. Patricks's Day had a connection and I guess the shamrock has always been a symbol for the day itself.

    ReplyDelete

Doing what I love

Doing what I love
doing what I love!

Rainbow Cards

Rainbow Cards
love this new stamp set!

Making a few cards

Making a few cards


Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Crochet a heart

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2008/02/sweet-heart-cro.html

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Box Top

Recipe Box Top