Monday, March 5, 2012

Last week was so heartbreaking.  My brother-in-law, Dennis Boyd passed away suddenly.  Dennis was my only brother in law, husband of sister, Marian.  They married very young, like C. L. and I and have always had such a sweet marriage-did so much together and even more after Dennis retired.  He was a quiet, gentle man until he sang or preached and always was such a blessing.  I ache for Marian's loss and seeing their two children Niki and Randy in pain while trying to take care of their mother and their young children.  Being with them I was able to see Niki try and explain death to little Jonah, age 5.  I saw little Lydia, a few months younger than my Wolfie, call out "Poppa?" as we sat around the table and she didn't see him.  Death is so hard to handle ourselves and seeing our babies suffer makes us hurt even more.  Eveything that happened that night was so similiar to my own loss of C. L, even to the un-eaten meals Marian and I had prepared for our husbands.  I am praying for God's strength to Marian and her family as they face the lonely, difficult days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing what I love

Doing what I love
doing what I love!

Rainbow Cards

Rainbow Cards
love this new stamp set!

Making a few cards

Making a few cards


Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Crochet a heart

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2008/02/sweet-heart-cro.html

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipes for My Happiness

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Cards with photos

Recipe Box Top

Recipe Box Top